There are so many protein balls out in the market placed that have coconut oil in them! I am not a big fan of coconut oil as it is a saturated fat. I try to avoid products that have saturated fat in them as they just bad for you!
So I wanted to come up with a protein ball recipe that didn't contain any coconut oil in it but still had a great taste!
And this is what I created using my favourite protein powder from Maxine's Burn (Chocolate Fudge Brownie flavour)...
PROTEIN 5G | CARBOHYDRATE 9G | FAT 5G | CALORIES 103 Per ball
50g Maxine's Burn Chocolate Fudge Brownie protein powder
75g medjool dates, chopped
100g rolled oats
30mls unsweetened coconut milk
60g peanut buter
50g rice malt syrup
100g shredded coconut
1. Place the oats into the blender and blitz until it becomes oat flour.
2. Add in dates, protein powder, coconut milk, peanut butter, rice malt syrup and half of the shredded coconut in with the oat flour and blitz until the mixture forms a nice smooth consistency.
3. Wet your hands and scoop up a tablespoon of ingredients and roll to form a ball.
4. Place the remaining coconut into a bowl and roll the ball through the shredded coconut.
5. Place balls into a airtight container, seal with a lid and place into the fridge.