Free VibrantShop now
Get a free 25 serve Vibrant capsules worth $39.99 with our Burn & Melt Bundle Value Pack.
New Cookie FlavoursShop now
Try our new Choc Caramel Crunch and Choc Macaroon Burn Cookie flavours, out now!
Free 3 x Burn BarsShop now
Get 3 x free Burn Bars with Maxine's Beginner Burn Pack!
Maxine's Melt Thermogenic HeavenLearn more
Maxine's Melt will help you reach your body composition and performance goals!
Free Sip'N BurnShop now
Get a free 30 serve Sip'N Burn 300g worth $54.95 with our Intermediate Burn Pack.
Subscribe for 10% off your first order
Sign up for exclusive content, deals, and more.
Free shipping on all orders over $99
Stock up on Australian gym supplements from Maxine's to save on shipping.
Flat rate shipping Australia-wide
Doesn’t matter where you are — all our customers pay the same amount for shipping!
Why is it important for women to consume protein?
The importance of protein in the diets of women is becoming more greatly understood throughout Australia and the wider world. This doesn’t just mean athletes undertaking strenuous workouts and training regimes; proteins are the body’s second most abundant component, and responsible for a variety of critical functions, from building tissues, to maintaining proper muscle repair.
Protein is critical for achieving fitness goals including building lean muscle, losing weight, and maintaining overall health.
Some of the benefits of protein for women include:
- Better balance of sugar levels and hormone regulation
- Lowering the amount of muscle soreness during recovery periods
- Boosting energy levels
- Curbing hunger
- Improving oxygenation of the blood
- Aiding in smoother digestive processes
We all know we need well-balanced, nutrient-rich meals, but this can be easier said than done, which is why protein supplements designed specifically for women are so helpful.
How can women’s protein powders, shakes & supplements improve my fitness?
Research indicates consuming the appropriate amount of protein will aid in boosting women’s metabolic rate, therefore increasing the number of calories burned during exercise and reducing appetite, supporting continued weight loss.
From plant-based protein powder & shakes made from 100% pure, natural, non-GMO organic plant protein, to high protein fat burning supplements, Maxine’s has an expansive selection ready to help you reach your fitness goals.
How much protein do women need to consume each day?
The general adult women’s protein intake guideline provided by the Institute of Medicine (IOM) and the World Health Organisation (WHO) is a minimum of around 46-56 grams. This recommended daily protein intake can vary depending on factors like age, weight, physical activity level and overall health.
Protein intake is particularly important for women looking to build muscle. A common guideline for muscle building is to consume around 1.3 to 2.2 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day.
For example, if a woman weighs 68 kilograms, her protein intake for muscle building might range from 90 to 150 grams of protein per day.
It's worth noting that exceeding protein recommendations excessively does not necessarily lead to additional muscle gain, as other factors such as overall calorie intake, training program, and recovery also play significant roles.
It's also important to note that these recommendations are based on average needs and may not be suitable for everyone. Some individuals, such as athletes or pregnant and breastfeeding women, may require higher protein intakes to support their increased physical demands and promote optimal health.
If you have specific dietary or health concerns, it is advisable to consult with a healthcare professional or registered dietitian who can provide personalised recommendations based on your individual needs and goals.
Why should I choose Maxine’s Burn?
Maxine’s Burn protein and workout supplements are the number one choice for thousands of Australian women. Here are just a few reasons why:
- Developed specifically for women. Maxine’s Burn products are developed by sports scientists and nutritionists to meet the particular nutritional needs of women.
- 60 day product guarantee. If you change your mind about your Maxine's products for any reason, you have the option to return your unopened product for a full refund within 60 days of purchase.
- 30 day flavour and performance “5 scoop” guarantee. Not loving the taste or performance of your new product? You can return your opened product with five scoops or less used and we will happily exchange or apply a store credit within 30 days of purchase.
- Free shipping over $99. Get your favourite Maxine’s products delivered fast Australia wide with free shipping on eligible orders over $99.
- 10% off your first order. Join the Maxine’s Burn squad for 10% off your first order!
100% Australian owned and made. Maxine’s protein powders and supplements are developed and produced right here in Australia from the highest quality ingredients.