Collection: Slow Release Protein Powders

A tasty, slow-release protein powder you can count on for muscle growth and recovery!

Do you often feel famished after a workout or wake up in the morning absolutely starving? 

If so, slow-release protein might just be your new best friend! It’s a powerful supplement supporting muscle growth, enhancing recovery, and even aiding weight loss. By consuming slow-releasing protein at the right time and in the right amounts, you can maximise its benefits and support your health and fitness goals.

Shop slow-release protein powder online with Maxine’s Burn, available in various delicious flavours, like chocolate mousse, vanilla, salted caramel, and custard. 

Read more

6 products

What is slow-release protein?

Slow-release protein, often referred to as “night time protein" or “slow-releasing protein", is a type of protein that is digested and absorbed into the body at a slower rate. This provides a sustained flow of amino acids (essential for muscle repair and growth) over a longer period of time.

The primary source of slow-release protein is casein. Derived from milk, casein forms a gel-like substance in your stomach upon consumption, which slows down the rate of digestion, resulting in the gradual, continuous release of essential amino acids into the bloodstream over several hours.

What does this mean? 

Fewer hunger pangs, better muscle recovery, and more successful weight loss/management. 

How to incorporate night time protein into your diet

Introducing slow-release or “night time” protein into your diet is relatively easy! It’s all about choosing the right time and amount of protein for your nutritional needs (we recommend following the protein intake guidelines on the back of our packaging). 

The best times for slow-release casein protein powder include:

  • Before Bed: Consuming slow-release protein before bed can provide your muscles with a steady supply of amino acids throughout the night.
  • Between Meals: A protein shake between meals can help keep hunger at bay and provide a continuous supply of amino acids to your muscles.
  • Post-Workout: While fast-absorbing casein protein like whey is typically recommended post-workout, slow-release protein can also help prolong muscle repair and growth. Paired with exercise, this protein can help stimulate muscle protein synthesis, leading to greater muscle growth and recovery.

Why choose Maxine’s Burn?

Carbs and healthy fats are important for energy, but protein is crucial for muscle growth and tissue repair — that’s why our Australian-based team of sports scientists and food technologists are always searching for effective ingredients, production techniques, and creative new recipes (including gluten-free and plant-based proteins) to pass onto our customers. 

Whether you’re a professional athlete, a gym junkie, or simply an active woman on the go, we’re dedicated to supplying the tailored supplements you need to build muscle mass, improve body composition, stay healthy, and keep energy levels high. 

FAQs about slow-releasing casein protein powder

There are a number of differences between casein and whey. For example, casein is derived from milk and accounts for about 80% of the protein content in cow's milk. Whey protein is also derived from milk, specifically as a by-product of cheese-making. It constitutes the remaining 20% of the protein in milk.

Casein is also a slow-digesting protein source (ideal for amino acids at night), whereas whey protein is fast-digesting (ideal for post-workout recovery).

Yes, consuming slow-releasing proteins before bed can support muscle recovery by providing a prolonged supply of amino acids, preventing muscle breakdown during sleep. It can also help reduce muscle soreness by supplying the essential building blocks required for muscle tissue repair and growth.

Yes, our slow-releasing proteins can be used as part of a meal replacement strategy thanks to their ability to promote satiety and provide a sustained release of amino acids, mimicking the effects of a balanced meal.

While fast-digesting proteins are typically recommended before a workout, incorporating slow-releasing proteins in a pre-workout meal can help provide a sustained source of energy for longer workouts.

Unfortunately, this product is not vegan. Our night time protein is made using micellar casein, derived from milk.

Reach your body goals with delicious night time protein from Maxine’s Burn!

Read more