Slow Cooked Warming Chicken soup
If there is ever a Chicken Soup recipe you want to store away for a cold and rainy day, this is it! Whether you’re a shift worker, busy mum, student, short on time (or all of above) this is a really good idea for dinner, as you can make it ahead of time, and don’t need to stand around watching/stirring it. Simply follow the recipe (the morning of), turn on your slow cooker, and by the time dinner rolls around, you’ll have a piping hot, veggie packed dinner for the whole family, that doesn’t break the budget. This is also a really good meal prep idea, as it makes about 6 serves.
INGREDIENTS* 6 Chicken Thighs (or 2 Chicken Breasts and 2 Chicken Thighs) * 8 Celery Stalks (chopped) * 6 Carrots (Chopped) * 200g Mushrooms * 1 Cup uncooked Brown Rice * ½ Bunch Kale (finely chopped) * 1 Brown Onion (finely chopped) * 8 Cups Chicken Stock
- In your slow cooker, add all ingredients, including the uncooked chicken (whole pieces)
- Ensure there is enough liquid covering the vegetables – if there isn’t, add more water.
- Turn your slow cooker on low/high depending on what time you intend to eat – come back in about 4 hours to shred the chicken, then return it back to the slow cooker.
- Once cooked, add some salt, pepper and garlic to taste.
- Serve with a small, wholegrain bread roll, or some sourdough toast