Protein Oats Recipe
HIGH PROTEIN OATSPREP TIME: 1m | COOK TIME: 5m | TOTAL TIME: 6m SERVES: 1 PERSON
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (add more or less to your liking, this is just how much I eat!), soaked in water over night
- 1 scoop Maxine's Burn protein powder
- 1/4 cup water
- Optional Toppings: cinnamon, shot of coffee, nuts or seeds, granola, fresh fruit, honey etc
- Pour the soaked oats into a microwaveable safe dish, and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stir, then another 2 minutes adding water as you go until you reach your desired consistency
- Meanwhile, using a protein shaker, shake the protein and water until it is well combined without any lumps (if adding cinnamon or coffee, add this to the shaker!)
- Once oats are cooked to your liking transfer to a bowl, pour the protein mixture over the oats and mix well (add any toppings you like)
- Serve immediately!
- It's important that the protein mixture isn't cooked in the microwave as most protein powders react badly to heat, so make sure the oats are cooked to your liking before you add the protein!