Protein French Toast
PROTEIN FRENCH TOASTPREP TIME: 5M | COOK TIME: 10M | TOTAL TIME: 15M SERVES: 2 PEOPLE
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I used almond)
- 1 Scoop vanilla protein powder, I used Maxines Burn
- Ground cinnamon, to taste
- 2 slices of rye bread, depending how much liquid your bread soaks up
- Toppings: Banana, peanut butter, sugar free maple syrup, strawberries... basically anything that tastes good!
- Blend together the eggs, milk, protein and cinnamon until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl and dip the bread into it, turning to coat both sides evenly. Don't soak it for too long as it will become soggy and difficult to pick up, but soak it long enough that the mixture has soaked in.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium heat and spray lightly with coconut oil,
- Cook the bread slices for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Serve the French toast immediately, covered in your favourite toppings and enjoy!