Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothie
Okay so I have a confession to make. I’m not proud of it but… Back in the day, I just really wasn't that 'into' peanut butter. There. I said it. Don’t judge me. There was just something about the thick claggy, stick to the top of your mouth texture that I just COULD NOT stand. Trust me, I attempted to be up with the trend, the ‘lifting girls’ on instagram that “can’t wait to eat a whole tub of peanut butter” #cheatday #peanutbuttergains and all that. Nope, couldn't do it. I tried it on toast, on celery, on apple, with chocolate…nope, not doing anything for me. Then something magical happened.
PEANUT BUTTER & BANANA PROTEIN SMOOTHIE
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop (approx. 5 tbsp) Maxine's Vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Handful of ice (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender, blend until smooth
- Pour into glass and serve!