Immune Boosting Smoothie Bowl
Don’t let the colour turn you off this deliciously sweet, vitamin C packed smoothie bowl. This one is vastly different from the usual green smoothie that tastes like blending, then drinking a garden bed. A lot of people turn to Vitamin C (especially oranges) when they’re feeling unwell, so this is the perfect thing to make when you can feel a cold coming along. In Australia, the daily recommended intake for Vitamin C is 45mg per day, and combined with the Orange and Kale, this smoothie bowl offers over 160mg. If eating your smoothie with a spoon isn’t your thing, and you prefer to drink it through a straw, simply omit the topping, and pour it into a cup instead.
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1 Large Orange (82mg Vitamin C) or 160mg of Pineapple (79.3mg Vitamin C )
- Large Handful of Spinach
- Large Handful of Kale (80mg Vitamin C per cup)
- Coconut Water (or plain water is fine)
- Lots of Ice
- ½ Fresh Banana to Top
- Handful of Strawberries to Top
- Granola/Chopped Nuts (for topping & crunch)
- Blend together the banana, orange, spinach, kale, ice and water. (Only add a little bit of water to help it blend – this will help keep your smoothie bowl nice and thick). If you’re making it as a smoothie and not a bowl, add a little extra liquid until its your desired thickness.
- Pour your smoothie into a bowl, and top with chopped fruit and granola.