Health & Lifestyle
Gut Health and Immune Support Formula
- Stay healthy
- Digestive support blend
- Immune system support
- Promotes healthy gut
Maxine's Better Biome helps nourish the good bacteria in your intestinal tract (your microbiome) for optimum health and immune function. This all natural, science backed formula can help you maintain a healthy more balanced lifestyle so you feel healthy, strong and vital.
Your body is home to about 100 trillion bacteria and other microbes, collectively known as your microbiome. They live on your skin, in your mouth, in your airways and intestines. The vast majority live in your colon, often referred to as your gut.
New advances in immune science show us that maintaining a healthy gut is essential for glowing good health and a strong immune system. Known as the ‘Gut-Brain Axis’, gut bacteria cooperate with your body to help regulate various biological systems including your immune function, your nervous system, and your energy metabolism. Lifestyle choices including a healthy diet, sleep, reducing stress and using proven nutrients, all help to build and maintain a healthy gut microbiome and an optimal gut brain axis.
The food you eat starts digesting in the stomach, and then passes into the small intestine where it continues to be broken down. The nutrients including amino acids, fats and simple carbohydrates can then be absorbed in your small intestine. Undigested food continues to your colon where a healthy balance of gut bacteria continue to digest the remaining food particles including fibre and starches. But that’s only the start. The bacteria can also change the structure of food molecules via fermentation and other processes to produce a wide range of beneficial nutrients. The interaction between your body and microbiome via the gut brain axis regulates this process to help optimise your health and immunity.
Maxine’s Better Biome is designed to provide beneficial nutrients to help supercharge your gut health and promote an optimised Gut Brain Axis. It will complement a healthy balanced diet to ensure the good bacteria in your Microbiome flourish and support a healthy and robust immune system.
Each serve of Maxine’s Better Biome contains the following health-promoting nutrients:
Prebiotic Digestive Health Blend to support a healthy gut:
- Prebiotic Chicory Root Fibre (Inulin) is a natural plant fibre that provides many benefits to nourish a healthy gut. It cannot be digested by your body but does provide a fermentable source of carbohydrate to ‘good’ gut bacteria (including Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria), increasing their numbers and promoting good colon health. Other benefits of this prebiotic include: improved calcium absorption; production of beneficial short chain fatty acids and amino acids; reduction in gut permeability (known as leaky gut); reduced allergy risk; and the increase in immune signalling cells known as T cells and B cells.
- Elderberry Extract is a rich source of plant compounds known as high antioxidant flavonoids. Small amounts are absorbed directly from the small intestine, while the remainder is converted into beneficial bioactive compounds by your gut bacteria that can be absorbed by your body to boost overall health and immunity. These compounds also promote the growth of even more beneficial bacteria and inhibit the growth of ‘bad’ gut bacteria, keeping your microbiome happy and healthy!.
- L-Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the human body and a key nutrient for intestinal cell health. Glutamine helps maintain the integrity of the layer of cells lining your gut (epithelial cells) to ensure they provide an effective barrier to potentially toxic and inflammatory compounds from the food you eat.
- Turmeric has been used to treat digestive conditions for centuries. It is a rich source of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds including the highly active ingredient curcumin. Like Elderberry, curcumin can inhibit the proliferation of ‘bad’ gut bacteria, while promoting the growth of more good bacteria. It’s anti-inflammatory properties can help heal damaged gut lining, and Turmeric compounds can also be metabolised by gut bacteria to produce a range of beneficial compounds your body uses to help reduce inflammation and maintain good health.
Immune Support Blend helps your body’s natural defences
- Colostrum from cow’s milk is a rich source of Immunoglobulins and antimicrobial proteins that can provide significant immune benefits to humans. These benefits include reduced risk of developing allergies, decreased risk of upper respiratory infections, reduced risk of intestinal tract infection and inflammation due to ingestion of pathogens and allergens, and improved intestinal barrier function to help prevent ‘leaky gut’.
- Organic Maca Root Powder is derived from the Peruvian plant, Lepidium Meyenii, and has been a traditional medicine for over 2000 years. Maca is classified as an adaptogen and shows great promise in treating a number of medical conditions. Maca consumption has demonstrated improved sexual function and hormone balance in both males and females leading to improved health outcomes. It has also been linked to increased energy metabolism and improved joint mobility.
- Echinacea has long been recognised as an effective preventative and treatment for respiratory infections like the common cold. Researchers have classified Echinacea as an Immunomodulator - which is a compound or nutrient that positively enhances your body’s immune response.
- Green Tea Extract is a highly researched nutrient and demonstrates many beneficial effects due to it’s polyphenol content, the most abundant of which is Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG). Among green tea’s many benefits, it is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral, and is a strong ant-oxidant.
- Vitamin C is a potent anti-oxidant and contributes to your body’s immune defense by supporting many cellular functions of your immune system. It has an antimicrobial action in the gut and also helps support a healthy gut lining. It has also been shown to enhance the production of immune B and T cells which help fight infections.
- Lactoferrin is an active iron binding protein that occurs naturally in high levels in colostrum, and in lesser quantities in normal milk. When taken orally, lactoferrin displays strong antimicrobial action against many ‘bad’ gut bacteria, while it promotes the growth of healthy ‘good’ bacteria. It also displays potent antiviral activity against a range of common viruses. Lactoferrin has also been shown to support overall immune function and help regulate inflammatory responses to ensure your immune system reacts to threats with the appropriate action.
- Zinc is an essential mineral for proper immune function. Nutritional deficiency of zinc results in mild to severe immune dysfunction. And zinc deficiencies are quite common, even in wealthier western populations due to a diet rich in highly processed foods grown in soils with depleted mineral levels. Optimizing your zinc levels is one more piece of the immune puzzle that will help ensure you can maintain active good health.
Digestive Support Blend:
Chicory Root Fibre (Inulin), Elderberry Extract, L-Glutamine, Turmeric.
Immune Support Blend:
Colostrum, Organic Maca Root Powder, Echinacea, Green Tea Extract, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Lactoferrin, Zinc Sulphate.Other Ingredients:
Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Natural Flavours, Stevia Extract, Sunflower Lecithin
Serving Size: 7.5g (1 Scoop)
Servings per container: 40
|Nutrition||Per Serve||Per 100g|
|Energy||95kJ (23 Cal)||1260KJ (302 Cal)|
|Fat - Total||Less than 0.1g||0.8g|
|Fat - Saturated||Less than 0.1g||0.4g|
|Carbohydrates - Total||4.0g||53.2g|
|Carbohydrates - Sugars||0.5g||7.0gg|
How To Take Better Biome
Take 2 servings per day. Take one serve in the morning and one serve in the afternoon or evening, half an hour before or after meals.
Who Should Take Better Biome
Maxine's Better Biome is designed to provide specific nutrients to help supercharge your gut health to promote an optimised Gut Brain Axis. It is formulated to complement a healthy balanced diet to ensure the good bacteria in your Microbiome flourish and support a health and robust immune system.
Not suitable for children under 15 years of age or pregnant women. Please consult your healthcare professional before using.
|When To Use|
|All Day Use||X|
How often should I take Better Biome?
Better Biome should be taken twice a day, once in the morning and once later in the day or evening. It can be taken on an empty stomach. Simply follow the directions on the label.
Can I take Better Biome if I’m taking other medication?
Better Biome is quite safe however we recommend that you check with your doctor if you are taking any other prescription medication before taking this product.
Is Better Biome safe for children?
Better Biome is a Formula Dietary Food and should not be taken by children under 16.
Is Better Biome safe pregnant and breastfeeding women?
Better Biome is a Formula Dietary Food and should not be taken by pregnant and breastfeeding women.
If I start feeling like I’m getting a cold, can I take Better Biome?
Yes - Better Biome is formulated to help support your immune system to fight viral infections and reduce the severity of cold symptoms.
How long should I take Better Biome for?
You can take Better Biome every day during periods where you believe your immune system and health may be under threat. It is safe to take for several months.
Can I take Better Biome if I’m taking other supplements?
Generally, you can take Better Biome if you are taking other supplements. However if you are taking a high potency Zinc supplement you should check with your doctor before taking Better Biome.