One of my favourite things to get from a café for Brunch is a Breakfast Salad/Breakfast Bowl/Buddha Bowl or whatever fancy name they have.
If you’re not sure what I mean, basically it’s a bowl of sautéed greens, some form of grain (e.g. quinoa/buckwheat/rice), topped with poached eggs, avocado, halloumi etc.
I’ve been fortunate to try a few different ones, from a number of different places, all with their own twist, and I probably couldn’t pick a favourite. I always look forward to the weekend, when I get to visit a new café (or a same one again, because sometimes they’re just too good), to order a hot, cooked breakfast, and change it up from my usual.
Last week however, I decided to stay home, instead of venturing into the city for brunch, and try making my own “breakfast salad.” So, I’ve decided to share the recipe with you all, so you can give it a go.
PREP TIME: 15M | COOK TIME: 5M | TOTAL TIME: 20M |
- 1 Large handful Kale
- Green Beans
- ½ Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 40g Halloumi
- 1tsp Honey
- 1tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Finely chop the Kale, and transfer to a large bowl
- Stir together Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar, and massage into the Kale
- Sauté the Green Beans and Broccoli & mix through with the Kale.
- Toss through the cooked quinoa
- Cook the halloumi in a fry pan, and boil/poach your eggs
- Transfer salad mix to a bowl/plate and top with halloumi and eggs
- Season with salt and pepper
- Feel free to add some fresh herbs
- Add some chopped/smashed avocado on top
- Add in some chopped almonds